If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

Vision for OSArch

A number of recent threads have had me wondering about the ultimate role and goal of OSArch as I see it having a lot more potential that it's current form as a forum.
A potential model is OSGeo https://www.osgeo.org/about/ .
As an experiment I took their goals and replaced Geo with Arch to get a sense of what that would cover for OSArch.
OSGeo OSArch is a foundation. The following aspirational goals support the overall mission. As a foundation we seek to:

• provide resources for foundation projects;
  • foster the use of open source geospatial AEC software;
  • encourage interoperability with open and community standards;
  • ensure interoperability between the foundation projects;
  • encourage a high degree of quality and innovation in foundation projects;
  • champion the use of open-source and community participation through the development of an open education curriculum
  • enable communication and cooperation amongst OSGeo OSArch communities;
  • champion community building through horizontal (local chapters) engagement and through vertical (sector specific) agreements with like-minded organizations;
  • be a welcoming and inclusive worldwide organization at all levels;
  • celebrate excellence, openness and service within the OSGeo OSArch community.

As you can see it covers a lot of ground that it seems like this covers a lot of the ground that the forum has been discussing.

bruno_perdigaoMoultzagerJesusbillduncanpaulleecarlopav

Comments

• I like this!

• This is succinct and quite apt, however, should this be merged with this thread to keep that conversation in one place, at least till everything coalesces into a statement that can be officially adopted?

• It would be nice to have something about enabling lovable, nurturing buildings that don't cost the earth. As for me, this is the ultimate aim, the open source thing is just a means to this end.

carlopav
  • I like the idea a lot !