Creating Drawings Tutorial - Impossible to create drawing

Hello every one!
I try to do the tutorial mentionned but when its the moment to click the button create drawing (at 1.00minute), blender don't export the result to inkscape (SVG) or Firefox (PDF). It seem it try to open the result in a blender render window and then it freeze and crash:-(.
For information, I use this config:
Windows 10
Blender 2.91
blenderbim 201207
Anybody have an idea of what's happend. Must i config specially blender or other things for using this addon correctly? How can i link the result directly in Inkscape in SVG?
Why inkscape dosen't open the svg file created? When I search the result in my folders, i found a PNG result in
C:\Users\RAPH\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\data\diagrams.

I really hope some body can help me because it make me really frustrated. Thank's to read and for the answers.

Best regards
PS: This addon will be really great and big congrats for all developpers.

Comments

• Ok guys!
    After many hours of trying, i solve the mystery. My version of the addon work only with a 2.8x version of blender. In the hope it can help some body if he got the same problem.
    Think to try an other (older) version of blender if doesn't work correctly.
    See ya!

• Do you mean this page? https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=BlenderBIM_Add-on_exporting_2D_documentation
    Please edit it to make it clearer if something is confusing.

• I had the same problems in the past when testing old add-ons in new versions, blender should change their add-on management, at least for new users like us is a bit hard to start.

@Rapha22 I suggest you use Blender 2.82 LTS version to use more add-ons

duncanRapha22
  • @Rapha22 the error you are experiencing is due to a regression in Blender version 2.91 and above specifically affecting Windows. It has been fixed, see here: https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/issues/1148

Either apply the fix in that link and edit the code, or downgrade to 2.90, or switch to a different OS as a workaround.

Rapha22
  • Hello!
    @duncan: not sure of what you mean but I speak of this video tutorial: https://peertube.social/videos/watch/cb5ec2ca-5469-477a-8fd7-db357ba4c289. Your linked page is also good and treat the same subject. Thank's.

@jtm2020hyo: Now i'm using the 2.83.10 version of blender and the blender28-bim-201207 version and it work verry well.

@Moult: Thank you very much for this link and suggests but for the moment i can work well with my present set up. I know nothing about coding. I surelly will trying with the 2.9 version of blender.

Thank's all for your posts and answer guys. Now I really need more practicing this addon and making some try with it before really masterise all the possibillity naturelly. For now i will see how i can create and use my own hatchers.

Keep it good as it is and i will continue to follow and report if encounter other problem.

Best regards and see ya!