"bSI Building Energy Modelling (BEM) orientation session"

edited January 2021 in General

bSI invites industry professionals (designers, owners/operators, consultants, academia, regulators, software vendors and Green Building Certification Institutions) with expertise and vested interest in the domain of Building Energy Modelling (BEM) to attend an orientation session about the bSI BEM report and a call for participants to be on the Expert Panel to review the documentation. There will be two instances of the webinar to accommodate our colleagues across the globe, with registration details shown below for different time zones.

At the webinar, you will receive information about the project and how you may participate as an Expert Panel delegate to review the report and its findings before it is voted on by the buildingSMART International Standards Committee.

Background

Over the last two and a half years, the issue of addressing building energy modeling (BEM) utilizing buildingSMART principals and standards has been studied and documented with a ‘Master IDM’. It is an overview of how BEM may be applied to projects over their entire lifecycle, from conception to operations, and the many issues and challenges related to methods, processes, and technologies for creating, exchanging, and utilizing data among a diverse array of project stakeholders, software, and requirements.

The goal is to have the report vetted by a wide variety of industry stakeholders with domain expertise and responsibility from across the world. Their charge is to review the report, provide constructive feedback on any necessary revisions or additions, and come to a consensus on the results and recommendations for next steps in developing specific guidelines and data exchanges.

In following the bSI Process, after the Expert Panel review, the bSI standards governance committees will review, endorse, comment and then vote on enshrining the report as part of the bSI Standards Library. Learn more about the bSI Process at the link below.
bSI Process
Please use the links below to register for the webinar of your choice.

end quote

Let me know if you want copy of this message with links.

Comments

• I worked at a company who used the acronym for Environmental Modelling. I Guess it was a wrong bet. Energy modelling right?

• Except if @agonzalezesteve or someone else would like to. I would like to propose myself as point person for OSArch community in the BEM Expert Panel Nomination. See the replay of the webinar for more details :

agonzalezesteveMoultLaurensJNJesusbillCGRbitacovir
  • That's what I was hoping you'd say @Cyril

• @Cyril awesome! Is there anything we can do to help support you in any way? Also ping @mostapha .

• Just an update. My participation in BIM Expert Panel have been confirmed. First meeting on 26 of February. I have been granted of an access to related documents bsi have working on until now. I will keep you posted.
    If someone would like to talk about this topic to enrich our feedback to bsi. Let me know.

tlangMoultJesusbillduncan
  • Congratulations Cyril!

• edited February 2021

Next meeting (friday 26 of February) will focus on chapter 3 of the IDM Dev for BEM Report. I have uploaded documents on my nextcloud : link
    If anyone want to comment this document, let me know :

• Directly edit Comment_Log-IDM_Dev_for_BEM_Report-waechter.xlsx and send me the modified version
    • email or pm me

(I warn a bit late but no one asked to get access to documents so it is probably ok. you can also comment other part of the document for next meetings.)

• which document exactly?
    3Problem Statement......................................................................................
    .....3.1Design Process...............................................................................
    ............3.2Reality versus Idealized Models............................................................
    ......3.3Varied Requirements by Jurisdiction..................................................
    .......3.4Varied Requirements by Standard / Protocol.....................................
    .........3.5Varied Responsibility or Liability.........................................................
    .........3.6Variety of Methodologies and Software...........................................
    ............3.7Alternate Data Exchanges........

• IDM Development for BEM Report v1