If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

BlenderBIM Addonin: Missing Geometry

edited March 2021 in General

Hello,
Had a bit of time to test export of .ifc to different viewers, all working as expected but I needed to updated the project empties which seems to have un-assigned object classifications. See attached images. The property information is importing ok but geometry isn't displaying. Anyone got any ideas?

Update; There seems to be an issue with the sequence that classes are assigned and objects are moved into the relevant .ifc container. Example workflow create project --> assign class --> move item into container means geometry doesn't export.

Where as; move item into container --> assign class means the geometry is exported.

Using 'update spatial container' seems to help in some instances.

Comments

• Using "Update Spatial Container" should work in all cases. You need to apply it to all objects that you have changed the spatial container of.

This manual editing is very troublesome, I agree. However, it is a necessary step to getting zero data loss on roundtrips. As these functions stabilise, I will develop the workflow so it is less manual for users. I will prioritise these fixes for the upcoming release.

• I'm getting an error when I try and use update spatial container. Is there a way to reset the attributes and custom properties of all object? I think I may have broken something in the orignal .ifc file and need to start a "fresh" one if possible?

• @ChubbyQuark it is likely not your fault - it is likely to be a bug. Would you consider either posting details + sharing your IFC file on Github (not here) and what triggers the bug, or if you prefer I'm also online on the OSArch chatroom and we can screenshare to debug your issue.

• OK, I'll post on Github. I have moved, renamed, edited objects and containers so fear I may have ruined the (test) file. Just curious to understand how/if it can be rescued.

• Added here

https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/issues/1361

Will upload the file, sans non relevant objects to reduce the file size...