If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

IFC Sverchok nodes

how do i install sverchok ifc nodes on blender?

Tagged:

Comments

• You simply get the zip from https://blenderbim.org/download.html and install it in Blender/edit/preferences/add-ons like any other add on.
    Then you get the extra nodes:

nikitron
  • Warning: nodes may be borked :)

CGR
  • Thank you guys!

• @c4rlosdias btw are you interested in writing code for IfcSverchok? Especially with the new ifcopenshell.api there might be potential to quite quickly build a lot of really useful nodes.

• Really tempting. I will try to write some nodes and I will submit for your appreciation!

Moultbitacovir
  • @c4rlosdias Hi. What is the status of this effort? Has there been more nodes? I am interested in writing nodes that convert topologic objects into IFC objects.

JanFtheoryshaw
  • I've been running out of time, but with the arrival of geometry nodes I'm wondering if it's worth investing in sverchok. Can't you build these ifc nodes on geometry nodes?

• @c4rlosdias said:
    I've been running out of time, but with the arrival of geometry nodes I'm wondering if it's worth investing in sverchok. Can't you build these ifc nodes on geometry nodes?

Sadly geometry nodes are not yet open to 3rd party developers. I was told it will be a year or more before that can happen. Plus, the code I developed is basically all pure python, so it will be fairly straightforward to port when the time comes.

JanF