BlenderBim, search for an effective IFC refferences and custom descriprion workflow.

Dear community,
I have been following the development of the BlenderBim plugin for some time, and I am full of enthusiasm.
I am close to historic preservation and often work with photogrammetric reconstructions. Blender allows me to easily set them up and divide them into sections. Assigning classification parameters, descriptions in IFC is trouble-free.
The difficulty for me is to query a descriptive layer.

1) I am looking for an accessible way to filter custom descriptions assigned to classes and object types and save them to a text or CSV file.

1. Managing links to open in an external browser (or Blender window - if possible) related documentation e.g. pdfs, 3D models, links to WWW. IFC Documents/references works, but I don't know how to call(open directly) a related document from the editor or how to highlight objects with assigned documents or custom descriptions.

The association of the descriptive layer with the model seems to me to be crucial for consistent documentation management.
I hope that with BlenderBIM it will be possible to do architectural and building archaeology research in a consistent environment. I'm looking for an effective workflow :-)

Best regards.
McCornik

Comments

• Welcome!
    About filtering and csv import/export. Do you mean that current tools are not simple /accessible enough?

• edited November 2021

Well, good tutoring is precious... I was so worried that learning python is inevitable and now I wonder how I could miss them.
    Moult's IFCCSV presentation helps me a lot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMkG6jTzAg
    but the answers lead to more questions and some requested functionalities.
    1. there are problems with Polish national letters "ź Ź" "ć Ć" (right Alt + C or X) and descriptions longer than 1 line.
    2. Is there a possibility to use an internal Blender spreadsheet to work with queries on the fly, without time-consuming exporting and external editing?
    3. There must be a Blender command to open external links to related documents. Is there any way to use it while double-clicking on URL on the list in IFC Documents?