IFC Project Library, IFC Classification Library, IFC Property Set Templates & Building Classificati

Can an IFC file be amended with Classifications, Librarys and Property sets as above?
Also add classifications like Natspec, Omni Class, Uniclass or MasterFormat etc.
I am looking to use BlenderBim to Modify existing IFC'S with information that is missing and Substituting Geometry using Template Library.
How do you load this information into Blenderbim as the location of the above is not obvious.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited June 2023

@samromeo said:
    Can an IFC file be amended with Classifications, Librarys and Property sets as above?
    Also add classifications like Natspec, Omni Class, Uniclass or MasterFormat etc.
    I am looking to use BlenderBim to Modify existing IFC'S with information that is missing and Substituting Geometry using Template Library.
    How do you load this information into Blenderbim as the location of the above is not obvious.

@samromeo I guess that can be done as shown in the attached image. After loading the Classifications you can assign to an object using the 'Object Properties' panel. Libraries can also be loaded from the Blender installation directory on your computer. With respect to IFC Property Set you can find that also under the 'Object Properties'. I have not tried for imported IFCs before but it should work.

• @Owura_qu Thanks so much for your response that was very helpful