merge multiple bcf files with one issue each into one bcf file with multiple issues

edited March 2021 in General

bcf file format does support multiple issues in one bcf file. I got 20 bcf files with one issue in each file. I would like to merge them into one bcf file with 20 issues, because this way I do not need to open twenty files ... Is this somehow possible with opensource tools?
cheers bernd

Tagged:

Comments

• BCF topics are per directory. Just unzip, copy directories, and that's it.

If you want a library, check out the BCF library in the ifcopenshell repo.

• BCF topics are per directory. Just unzip, copy directories, and that's it.

make manually one bcf works great.

• unzip each single bcf
    • copy all single directories into one directory
    • zip the directories (not the one all single diretrories are in)

If you want a library, check out the BCF library in the ifcopenshell repo.

does the BCF parser of ifcopenshell is able to do this without rewriting the bcfs content?

• @bernd I'm not sure what you mean by "without rewriting the BCFs content". The BCF library will read the data into a Python data structure, then write it to your destination. It's a rather new library, so it hasn't been battle tested yet, but I reckon it has the capability to do this programmatically.

• @Moult said:
    I'm not sure what you mean by "without rewriting the BCFs content".

merging the bcfs without reading the contents in the blenderBIMBCF data structure

@Moult said:
    The BCF library will read the data into a Python data structure, then write it to your destination. It's a rather new library, so it hasn't been battle tested yet, but I reckon it has the capability to do this programmatically.

I will make use of it sooner or later for sure :-)

I may write some little tool which does unzip, copy and zip again to be sure to have the original data without parsing through python data structure.

Bernd

• Ah, in that case it does read into a little Python data structure. However, to clarify, this data is unrelated to Blender / BlenderBIM Add-on - it is pure Python. But you're right, it does introduce the risk of data loss if I messed up the code :)