Extracting IFC geometry from beam and column

I have a question regarding extracting geometry data from an IFC file. I have a wall that consists of some beams and columns, and they are represented using either Sweep Solid or brep. How do I obtain the dimensions of the shown section in the picture below? I have come far enough to know that I should either dive into the Representation attribute of the IFC element and parse it myself or use the IFCopenshell future of making a mesh and analyzing the geometry. Any examples out there or tips?

Comments

• Can you attach a file?

• sorry, I'm not able to do that, but is there something you want me to check? I have figured out that it is represented by brep. I have also found the IfcCartesianpoints of each of the faces. Any suggestions on how I should proceed now?

• Try to upload this ifc file to cloud disk?Maybe I can find useful information from .ifc file

• @Axi it's a bit hard to help without a file sample, but once you have a soup of cartesian points you need to do some topological analysis to get whatever dimensions you're after. For example, after merging planar faces, the L shaped face is the only N-gon, which lets you identify it as well as its perimeter loop.