[BlenderBIM] Import .ifc bug?

edited July 2022 in General

Hi,
I am having trouble importing curved/arched structures using IFC Import in BlenderBIM. See the attached images for the resulting geometry in blender and Rhino using the attached script taken from the ifcopenshell/blenderbim documentation. The resulting mesh in Rhino is exactly as desired, but the imported geometry in blender becomes very inaccurate and low resolution.

Do any of you have some tips to improve the import using blenderBIM?
PS: I should perhaps mention that the files in question are ~15MB, so quite small..
BR Sondre

Comments

• I am start to believe this is not a bug at all, but rather some inacuracy errors due to my .ifc models beeing pretty far away from origo. I've attached another .png from another model (This doesnt happen with any .ifc example files I have found and downloaded from different pages online).
    Does anyone have any suggestions for how I should proceede with the .ifc imports? Or if this distance to origo isnt the problem at all, but maybe I am doing something completely unrelated wrong?
    BR Sondre

• edited July 2022

Can you share the file(s), or a parred-down version of it, for troubleshooting?

• https://community.osarch.org/discussion/724/
    I am not shure I am allowed to share the .ifc files by my organization yet, but I found this discussion and I realized my problem is that the model is too far away from origo. Dion Moult answered in that discussion: "There's nothing legally wrong with the IFC as shown below, and indeed a modification of the clipping and zooming to extents will have it shown correctly", could someone explain to me how I would achieve this? I am sorry if this is extremely basic knowledge, but I would consider myself a complete beginner..