buildingSMART implementer meeting

Finally an in-person technical meeting again!
The next #openBIM implementers meeting is scheduled as an in-person meeting on September 1st and 2nd at the Autodesk Technology Centre in Boston.

Full agenda and registration are on https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZctf-qvqjIrHNwUwq0yQO4ojYVMh2goKfNg
I would love to schedule a presentation from an OS Arch representative!

duncan

Comments

• edited July 2022

I hope virtual presentations are on the agenda. The planet is burning fast enough as it is without all that flying ...

Since it's an implementer meeting I guess you want presentations from software projects rather than OSArch as a group right? (Although I'm sure our friends can't resist naming us). Do you have an idea what would be most interesting/worthwhile? There is BlenderBIM Add-on @Moult & FreeCAD @yorik in their own rights implementing several bS Int standards & 2D documentation, but also the FreeMVD project @theoryshaw focussed on lossless IFC based interopability between those two. Topologic @topologic looking at, well, topologies, Homemaker @brunopostle with semi-automated building generation, IFC.js @agviegas. IFCmerge @brunopostle is big at the moment and seems to be working surprisingly well. Project planning and resource planning in IFC @SigmaDimensions seems like something maybe only happening here?

I could go on, maybe other answers will, so is there any particular things or angle you think would be most interesting to share and discuss in that forum?

theoryshaw
  • I would like to have vendor input/feedback (even criticism) on what needs to be improved on the open standards and services (bSDD, etc).
    So yes, osArch presentations are welcome. Historically this is an in-person meeting and our experience is that this kind of feedback is best processed with every stakeholder in a room.

michaelhund
  • It will be great if we can talk about some of our friends projects at the forum

@berlotti please remember that as a general rule our friends here are not backed by an employer who is interested in sending them on expensive trips to showcase their work and get/give feedback.

And while in-person meeting are typically much better - it often excludes a lot of smaller voices from discussions (No travel? No speak!).
    I'll let the people with deeper knowledge of specific projects take over from here for now.

magicalcloud_75jsdbroughton
  • Just bumping this post hoping someone will join the meeting