If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

Missing elements and objects

edited April 2023 in General

Hei, I have a problem with missing objects. After importing the project, I miss the objects "terrain" - proxy. In Xbim and other programs is no problem, in Blender it is simply not visible in collections and in 3d. This is not my first such case. Any ideas, I can share a file if someone would like to take a closer look.

Tagged:

Comments

• Can you share your IFC model? If it is private, you can send to dion@thinkmoult.com

• I shared the file with you via OneDrive

• Fixed :) https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/commit/4b4ede733f820ca1dde6c3a9f8c9cb084846f12b

The file uses IfcProxy, which is deprecated but legally we should allow loading it. You should additionally file a bug with FME from Safe software to tell them that they should not be creating IfcProxy anymore in IFC4.

• Great! Thank you very much for your support. The file is from a third party company, but it looks like FME is its original creator, never mind, of course, I will inform them that the ifcProxy class is already obsolete and cannot be used. By the way, they are not the only ones who make such mistakes, almost everyone we work with does. Using ifcopenshell and phyton console in Blender, am I able to change an obsolete class into some other class, or check the ifc file in some way?