Seeking FOSS Usage in Architectural Education for Upcoming Event [Brazil]

Hi,

I'm currently involved in organizing a significant event focusing on Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in architecture. The event is slated to take place in late October this year, most likely in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. A central theme of the event will revolve around incorporating FOSS into architectural academia.

One of the primary objectives of our event is to engage with educators and academic institutions in Brazil that have integrated FOSS into their curricula. We're particularly interested in those who employ tools such as Blender, FreeCAD, BlenderBIM, or any other open-source software in their architecture programs.

If you're aware of any universities or educators who fit this description, kindly direct message me. We're keen to form a panel to discuss the role of FOSS as a transformative tool in architectural education.

As for the event details, they're still being fine-tuned as we're in the early planning stages. However, I can share that our initiative has received backing from multiple regional Councils of Architecture and Urbanism (CAUs) across Brazil. A growing trend among these councils is their shift towards endorsing open-source solutions, demonstrated by their readiness to support such events and even sponsor software development.

Once more information regarding the event becomes available, I will promptly share it here.

Tagged:
bruno_perdigao

Comments