IfcRelSpaceBoundary

Hello Dear developers / BIM users,
I know this forum is related to OpenBIM not Bim tools in the market. I am just confused that when I use 2 different modeling approaches to create the same identical model and export IFC from each modeling method, once I get IfcRelSpaceBoundary defined in the IFC and it is not exported in the other IFC. To be more detailed, the manual workflow is normal modeling in Revit and the other method is using Dynamo. What I need help with is to know which IFC-properties or Entities are needed to generate the second level space boundaries. So that I might find what is missing in my Dynamo work flow. I am really confused if it has to do with collision between walls and roofs or ceilings, or the outlines of these elements.
Best Regards
Karim Rezk

Tagged:

Comments

• @KR92 Hello,
    In Revit you need correctly enclosed space (or room) and export using 2nd Level boundaries option. Isn't it about export options ? I have never exported an IFC using Dynamo or Revit-API but when you use standard exporter boundaries are generated on export.

KR92
  • @Cyril Thanks for your reply. Yes I export in Revit using 2nd level boundaries. It is just odd that when spaces and elements are created from Dynamo, it does not work!!