Parametric Geometry

Hi
it would be helpful to add the window or door name to the parameter editor, like below.

Comments

• "Window Name" - you mean IfcWindow.Name/IfcWindowType.Name?
    There is more general approach to change name for the object from "Object Information" tab or it can be just done with just F2 hotkey.

• Sorry I wasn't very clear about my thoughts. I was only looking for the window name to be displayed in the Window (or door) parameter editor. Helps me keep track of what I'm doing :)
    As a side note, it would be cool to be able to write that particular window (or door) to one's own custom default file from the parameter editor. No idea if that's possible, easy way to build your own custom library of components

• I usually keep track of the currently selected object name by either checking viewport corner or status bar, if it helps:

As a side note, it would be cool to be able to write that particular window (or door) to one's own custom default file from the parameter editor. No idea if that's possible, easy way to build your own custom library of components

But isn't it just like creating some IfcWindowType/IfcDoorType and storing them in the separate ifc-library?

• Hi @Andrej730
    I mixed up Name: (type_name) with **Name **(as in Door.001)

On the save to user default file matter, I will be on a little project where I add a new window type and parametrically edit it, then I think 'I should save that for future use' then I think 'how do I do that?' then the thought of a donut pops into my head and the moment is lost. I had thought a one button press could help me :)

• Oh, you meant the type name - I think it's indeed can be accessed only from Object Information -> Type.

Saving things for future now is kind of like:
    0) prepare some IFC file that will be used as a library
    1) open it whenever you want to save something from your current project
    2) load current project as a library
    3) append types to save in the library

Nigel