Clean Install including Sverchok

Hi
I am doing a Clean Install on a new Win11 computer of Blender, BlenderBIM Addon, Topologic, Homemaker and I want to also install Sverchok.
On my current computer everything is working except Sverchok, I get an error when I try to install it, so I didn't pursue a fix.
I am hoping someone will direct me to the current version of Sverchok and give me any hints about avoiding installation issues.
Thanks in advance
BlenderBIM rock and so does this community!

Comments

• edited August 2023

You mean IFC Sverchok or just Sverchok? What's the error traceback?
    Recently tried installing sverchok from their releases page and IFC Sverchok from the readme - didn't get any errors.

• Thanks @Andrej730 I will follow your links for a successful outcome ?

• I get the "404 page not found error" when trying to download IfcSverchok from there, has there been an update? Trying to install it for blender 4.1

• @jes_r said:
    I get the "404 page not found error" when trying to download IfcSverchok from there, has there been an update? Trying to install it for blender 4.1

I guess something happened after moving the server. You can download the latest build from github page (need to download the entire repo and sverchok is in src/ifcsverchok folder) or download ifcsverchok folder directly e.g. using download-directory.github.io.

There wasn't really new features for ifcsverchok, just api updates.

jes_rShegs
  • edited April 16

Thanks! I was looking at how to download the folders instead of only the files ;) So just download it, zip it if that's not already done and install the normal way like BlenderBIM?

Edit: it says ZIP packaged incorrectly. Anybody know what to do?

• edited April 17

@jes_r said:
    Thanks! I was looking at how to download the folders instead of only the files ;) So just download it, zip it if that's not already done and install the normal way like BlenderBIM?

Edit: it says ZIP packaged incorrectly. Anybody know what to do?

Oops, yes, it says ZIP packaged incorrectly; __init__.py should be in a directory, not at top-level, I guess just downloading the folder won't work. Then for now you can either unpack it to "ifcsverchok" folder in you blender addons directory (usually it's something like "%appdata%\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.1\scripts\addons") or change structure of zip archive - create ifcsverchok folder and move all files in archive to that folder and install it again.

UPD: I've updated the IfcSverchok README on github page with the fresh url, new sverchok releases are also will be available now on github releases page.

jes_rMaartenFrough
  • edited April 19

Amazing, this works perfectly! Thanks!
    For the others: if you download from the github release page you can install it like any other plug-in.

MaartenFroughatomkarinca