Scale up/down an IFC?

Hello,
Quick question: is there a way to scale up/down an IFC file loaded in blenderBIM?
I tried selecting my ifcProject collection, then right-click > Select Objects, then scaling them all with the 'S' key, but then I systematically have an error when saving the IFC (saving works fine if I undo the scaling). Is there another clean way to achieve this in blender (or if not, via another software?)?

I am using blenderBIM 0.0.230902

Thanks a lot,
Arnaud

Comments

• If you convert everything to a tessellation, and then manually save the representation, i think it's possible.

video: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/mpdp8norircjj40n9x60o/2023-10-10_09-38-53_KeyShowView_Carnac.mp4?rlkey=2pyyeh7hgpkq86gru2z6u50qp&dl=0

• @acandael this could be an XY problem. What exactly are you trying to achieve and why are you trying to scale things? Are you trying to change the unit instead? If you truly are trying to scale, this sounds like something appropriate for an IfcPatch.

• I'd like to scale it down by a given factor (for instance 1:20), not only change the units. The end goal is to place a model in AR on top of a plan. Of course I can also scale it down in Unity, but I was wondering why it would be a problem in blender, or if I was doing something wrong. I'll check IfcPatch then! Thanks!

• The short answer is that IFC does not store scale. I don't think this is the right approach in any case: you don't want to change the units... you simply want to visualise the geometry in a scaled form. So you should be changing your visualisation tool (which is perhaps Unity), not the original data.

• Ok, thank you !