IFC node for geometry nodes?

Hi all.

I'm a new member of the forum and I've had a look for a similar question to the one in going to ask but haven't quite found what I was looking for. The thread started by Dimitar is close but I'm hoping that there's a work around....

I have a project in mind where I'd like to use geometry nodes to generate an automated model of a house, using the same build system (timber framed walls, foundation system, roof panels etc.). I'm working on the geo nodes setup but there seems to be a disconnect between blender and blenderbim. It would be extremely productive if there was a node that could be plugged in at various stages of the geometry nodes node tree that assigns the minimum amount of ifc data to objects as they're created to allow the Geo nodes model to be read by Blenderbim.

By importing the geo nodes model, the rest of the data could then be added in Blenderbim and use the functionality of this platform to run the procurement, construction and post handover stages of each individual project.

Is this currently possible? Is it a massive undertaking or could a node that would do the job be easily scripted?

It might be apparent from my question that I have no coding ability (yet).

Many thanks for reading this and more thanks if you're able to answer.

If it makes a difference, it's a real world project to rebuild thousands of people's homes that are collapsing due to defective construction materials. Reducing the time it takes to produce the technical drawings is a key element in solving the problem.

Thanks again

Tagged:

Comments