[BCON2023] Interesting AEC talks in Blender Conference 2023

edited October 2023 in General

An Open Software Ecosystem for Designing Living Architecture

The process behind architectural visualization (BlenderBIM is mentioned)

Architecture is about Beauty. How Blender can help (by Dimitar Pouchnikov).

From Computational Design to Digital Fabrication using the Tissue add-on

Virtual material and structural experiments

Creating Digital Twins for Virtual Immersive Smart Installations

Tagged:
AcepaulleeGorgious

Comments

• I added more videos...

• edited October 2023

This one is very interesting as well. Especially when it comes to automated unit tests during add-on development.
    Test, build, release: Streamlining Add-On development with automation by Andreas Gajdosik

bitacovir
  • All very informative talks. I don't know about how you all felt about the talks this year, I've watched a lot of them this week-end, but the key thing I got out of it is the prevalence of user-tailored pipelines using the python API and custom made scripts. I didn't feel that way with previous iterations of the conference.

There is also this talk that is both very boring and extremely interesting, I think it will ring a bell for anyone that has ever had to render multiple variations of assets and wondered if and how they could automate it.

What I take after all of this is that companies and individuals should really invest some time to make their own version of Blender, if only to put their favorite shortcuts in a dedicated panel with a dozens lines of code or so. I've never heard or seen someone say they regretted taking some time to learn some basic python, everyone can automate stuff, everyone as a specific workflow and can save a few clicks here and there with some smartly placed buttons and operators.

PS the person in Creating Digital Twins for Virtual Immersive Smart Installations also mentioned the BlenderBIM addon at the end. If I remember correctly they said they used it in production but it was a bit overkill for their need.

Acebitacovir