IfcAddress Pset

With IFC4.3 it would appear that the address data has been relocated from the IfcSite attributes to Pset_Address. I have watching some videos on the topic of Pset to understand where they are stored.

I am curious if additional Psets are available but more specifically, 1 for Pset_Address?

Comments

• @Flies_Eyes said:
    With IFC4.3 it would appear that the address data has been relocated from the IfcSite attributes to Pset_Address. I have watching some videos on the topic of Pset to understand where they are stored.

I am curious if additional Psets are available but more specifically, 1 for Pset_Address?

did you try Stakeholders > People > Edit Person > IfcPostalAddress?

Flies_Eyes
  • From my limited understanding, the IfcSite address is different to IfcPerson address. I could be incorrect in my interpretation of IFC4, however my understanding is that the Pset_Address is to be used and then inherited to IfcActor, IfcBuilding, IfcSite.

Reading the BuildingSmart site again now, it would appear there is a class IfcAddress, from that, it would appear there is IfcAddressTypeEnum, which indicates what type of address it is in reference to. I am still confused at this point but I am sure the longer I spend reading the fog will lift.

Have all these different preset (Pset) arrays been created already or is this still an area that needs fleshing out? There has been so much of IFC structure already incorporated into BBA that I just assumed this has been done, and I just needed to find out how to add that to my selection drop down list.

• edited November 2023

I created this text for Pset_Address. Should I be including the GUID value here, or should that be created only when the data is populated?

• edited November 2023

ISO-10303-21;
    HEADER;
    FILE_DESCRIPTION((),'2;1');
    FILE_NAME('Pset_Address.ifc','2023-11-24T00:00:00',(),(),'Pset_Address','Pset_Address',$);
    FILE_SCHEMA(('IFC4'));
    ENDSEC;
    DATA;

1=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('8cba13ec-dbd4-4e0c-afe9-3fbc9407a857',$,'Pset_Address.AddressLines[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcText',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

2=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('40408af5-dba6-4edf-9d04-5537c87add65',$,'Pset_Address.Country[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcLabel',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

3=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('db20ae73-236f-4000-8b48-3f244ae9c997',$,'Pset_Address.Description[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcText',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

4=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('6face93f-d2e1-4bbb-ab83-4a7a712d5f0f',$,'Pset_Address.ElectronicMailAddresses[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcText',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

5=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('a85f3688-3b46-437d-aa3e-69deebcd240b',$,'Pset_Address.FacsimileNumbers[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcText',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

6=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('80cf2ac7-5bc8-458e-848d-99d7be0c4373',$,'Pset_Address.InternalLocation[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcLabel',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

7=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('ff33441c-4db5-48e8-b38b-7e38a60a60bf',$,'Pset_Address.MessagingIDs[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcText',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

8=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('7921f5f8-d33d-4f4b-8405-e0416b3ef971',$,'Pset_Address.PagerNumber[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcLabel',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

9=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('be3b7676-e58b-4e46-b802-47654999277f',$,'Pset_Address.PostalBox[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcLabel',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

10=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('5b5e7a3e-43f7-4e7d-8909-72d39170edad',$,'Pset_Address.PostalCode[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcLabel',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

11=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('ff230598-b451-420a-ad27-277adbb2f834',$,'Pset_Address.Purpose[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'PEnum_AddressType',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

12=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('9034cde4-d98b-4978-8269-7f707eb60c11',$,'Pset_Address.Region[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcLabel',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

13=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('128f12c9-b6bc-453c-812c-4ed6813d3eed',$,'Pset_Address.TelephoneNumbers[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcText',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

14=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('5c11d229-0a35-470c-9238-2eec6bc1ed68',$,'Pset_Address.Town[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcLabel',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

15=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('eea1dc09-4ed0-4a5a-ad2c-173ce4abd1db',$,'Pset_Address.UserDefinedPurpose[Type]','',.PSET_OCCURRENCEDRIVEN.,'IfcLabel',(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),(),());

16=IFCPROPERTYSETTEMPLATE('62052`

• edited November 2023

@Flies_Eyes said:
    I created this text for Pset_Address. Should I be including the GUID value here, or should that be created only when the data is populated?

how's your Pset_Address search quest going ?
    Out of curiosity from the UI I tried to find it under IfcBuilding and IfcSite (together with IfcActor the ones where Pset_Address is applicable, if I understand it correctly) but I realized that out of the sets indicated in IFC4X3 only a part are available from the Object Property Sets' dropdown list.
    Or are we supposed to add more by ourselves?

Incidentally I noticed that also the two ElevationOfRefHeight and ElevationOfTerrain, now part of the Pset_BuildingCommon, are still accessible from the Attributes list.

cheers

• From my research, it would appear that we need to create Psets property groups as we go.

My first attempt at creating a Pset for Pset_Address was unsuccessful. I will need to have another crack to see it I can nut it out. It seems it needs to have an Enumeration to describe what type of address it is for. ie Site or Person

• @Flies_Eyes said:
    From my research, it would appear that we need to create Psets property groups as we go.

Uh, OK
    sounds kind of odd to me since we have those specs spelled out in IFC4x3 and, I'd guess, it's left to those good boys who can implement updated standards into the new BBIM release. I wish I knew python better... ;)

• Yeah, I get frustrated when I feel like I'm fumbling around in the dark. Given time and some exposure I am sure it will get easier.

• @Flies_Eyes said:
    Yeah, I get frustrated when I feel like I'm fumbling around in the dark. Given time and some exposure I am sure it will get easier.

we are on the same boat here but, as you said, with little time and this plaform we'll overcome, someday!
    ...and perhaps, in my case, return the favor in helping with documentation or else.

Flies_Eyes
  • Based on the feedback from @theoryshaw my issue must be related to how my Project and Site have be classified. That will be my job for today to see if I can nut it out.

• I am just wondering now if the reason I still can't see the Pset_Address for IfcSite is because I've upgraded the file to IFC4 using the BlenderBIM tool but maybe the Pset_Address didn't get added until IFC4.3?

• Hooray!!!!! This has been bugging me for days. Can't wait to test at the office tomorrow.

Need to work out how to upgrade my file from IFC4.0 to IFC4.3

• @Flies_Eyes said:
    Need to work out how to upgrade my file from IFC4.0 to IFC4.3

true, easy to open a brand new 4x3 but it would be interesting to learn how to upgrade from IFC4 , I think the available patch only covers 2x3? need to check

Flies_Eyes
  • edited November 2023

I would be somewhat cautious using BB w/ IFC4x3, as I don't think it's battle ready yet.

Flies_Eyes
  • @theoryshaw said:
    I would be somewhat cautious using BB w/ IFC4x3, as I don't think it's battle ready yet.

Thanks for the update. I couldn't find an easy way to upgrade to IFC4.3 so I have decided to revert back to IFC4.0 for now and use the original IfcAddress class until I can figure this out.