BBIM - Bill of Quantities & Schedule of Rates | A simple workflow

2»

Comments

• @Massimo said:
    @steverugi so i tried and also looked at the code and i think that atm Count just doesn't work.
    I saw in this video at minute 17:17 @SigmaDimensions shows that it is possible but i think it doesn't work because the code looks only at the qto properties (GrossVolume, NetVolume, etc...)
    Maybe i'm missing something btw ... :-)

I thought as much, thanks for your reply

• @steverugi said:
    4. This shows another way of calculating a rate using resources (labor and material) to be assigned to the cost item in the BoQ
    BoQ 4

Hey @steverugi , watched your video, very sweet ! Using the resource's base cost in that exact order is a happy accident - not by design... but I like the idea and we should works towards this possibility. Let me think about it and I'll come back to you on it

steverugi
  • @steverugi said:
    do you happen to know what to use in the column properties in the automated BoQ when it comes to counting items?
    @Massimo said:
    @steverugi so i tried and also looked at the code and i think that atm Count just doesn't work.

There is a bug atm indeed , I'll fix it up today, ready for tomorrow daily build

steverugi
  • @SigmaDimensions said:

@steverugi said:
    4. This shows another way of calculating a rate using resources (labor and material) to be assigned to the cost item in the BoQ
    BoQ 4

Hey @steverugi , watched your video, very sweet ! Using the resource's base cost in that exact order is a happy accident - not by design... but I like the idea and we should works towards this possibility. Let me think about it and I'll come back to you on it

Hi @SigmaDimensions
    I'll be honored and happy to contributute in any way possible, just let me know how and what suits you best, cheers

SigmaDimensions
  • edited January 10

On counting elements from cost schedule import:
    ping @steverugi , @Massimo , here's the fix:
    https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/commit/b6663e9189c5f335736dcbd27767e6f8f913701c.

It now works whether you write Count COUNT count. Also, if you don't write anything at all, and only have a selector query for a given cost item row, this will also be considered as counting.

steverugiatomkarinca
  • edited January 10

@SigmaDimensions

On counting elements from cost schedule import:
    ping @steverugi , @Massimo , here's the fix:
    https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/commit/b6663e9189c5f335736dcbd27767e6f8f913701c.

It now works whether you write Count COUNT count. Also, if you don't write anything at all, and only have a selector query for a given cost item row, this will also be considered as counting.

EDIT I downloaded the latest BBIM and tried it: it worked!
    thanks for the quick fix, much appreciated

SigmaDimensions
  • edited January 11

Hi @SigmaDimensions said:

would you be able to elaborate it further with some simple explanation? what is the right order?
    did you watch my other clip

resources to task to BoQ

is it not correct as well?

if you don't mind, what could be the reason why I can have the right amount of the total cost of resources assigned to a task but they do not show like your recent 5D video?

thanks for your help

• edited January 12

Hi @SigmaDimensions
    OK I sorted out the issue with showing detailes of resource allocation x rate, my mistake was to set quantity value when it is rather calculated by the resource productivity rate.

If a quantity is entered it overrides the calculated one, makes sense!

I still haven't figured out how to calculate material resources quantity through a task assigned to the BoQ, the only solution atm is to use the cost schedule's Elements pane.
    I also wonder how materials are tracked through work schedule
    maybe on the next video? :)