IfcClass for Eye Rinse station?

This discussion was created from comments split from: New ifc type.

Comments

• edited December 2023

Hi,
    I don't know if it's the good practice to continu a topic or create a new one but I propose to complete this topic by asking an advice.
    I don't understand how to use the USERDEFINED and NOTDEFINED construction type.
    In the case the Ifc Standard don't give me what I search can I invent a construction type ?

For example I have a eye rinse. I think this is an** IfcSanitaryTerminal** IFC Class.
    In BlenderBIM ifc searcher I have this choices :

IfcSanitaryTerminal BATH, BIDET, CISTERN, SHOWER, SINK, SANITARYFOUNTAIN, TOILETPAN, URINAL, WASHHANDBASIN, WCSEAT, USERDEFINED, NOTDEFINED

What is the best practice ? Creating an EYERINSE type, choose the USERDEFINED, choose the NOTDEFINED or let a blank case ?

• Hey, in your case of an eye rinse I would use IfcSanitaryTerminal set to "SANITARYFOUNTAIN" and further add an extra PSet Pset_SanitaryTerminalTypeSanitaryFountain with the "FountainType" field set to "EYEWASH" -> see PEnum_FountainType.

semhustej
  • In IFC there is also practice to set ObjectType if PredefinedType = USERDEFNIED

semhustej
  • Hi Doia, I didn't expect there was a "third" layer IFC ! Thank you for the tip, i have to ckeck this.
    Hi Andrej, thanks I understand now that I can use the ifclabel to name an USERDEFINED element.