Adding element specific schema defined Psets - what am I doing wrong or is it a bug?

edited January 12 in General

I want to add an IFC schema predefined Pset to an element type, e.g. add the Pset_FurnitureTypeTable to an IfcFurnitureType of PredefinedType: Table. But this or any other specific Pset - even though defined in the schema - is not available in the Property Editor -> Scene Tab -> Object Information -> Object Metadata -> Object Property Sets dropdown.

But if I add a Pset_xxxTypeCommon (this works for every IfcElementType, but I first have to set one of the properties so it is saved to the type, e.g. check the Status -> New box ) the specific Pset definition is available if I type the exact name into the Pset Name text field.

Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in BlenderBIM?

Here is a step by step example to illustrate my issue.

1. Start Blender with BlenderBIM and create a new IFC project
  2. select Toolbar -> Create Element
  3. Header -> Launch Type Manager
  4. Search for IfcFurnitureType -> Create New Type
  5. select for Predefined Type: Table and name it accordingly like - table
  6. in the Outliner under Collection Types (hidden / grayded out) select the newly created IfcFurnitureType/table
  7. Property Editor -> Scene Tab -> Object Information -> Object Metadata -> Object Property Sets dropdown -> select Pset_FurnitureTypeCommon and press the little + button
  8. Change on of the displayed property values to trigger that this Pset is saved to the type, e.g. check Status: New
    (changing no property value does not save the Pset to the type, but we need it to be saved to change the Pset definition afterwards)
    Aside: Directly typing the correct Pset name into the name text field does not work as it does not changes the display properties defined for this Pset
  9. Select Enable Pset Editing for the newly saved Pset by pressing the pen button
  10. Change the name to Pset_FurnitureTypeTable -> save again
  11. Again select Enable Pset Editing -> now only the property values as defined by the schema are displayed -> change one property, e.g. set NumberOfChairs -> save
  12. Now the Pset_FurnitureTypeTable shows the property Status[New] and the NumberOfChairs[xxx] values -> but the Status[New] property can not be deletes from this Pset definition

Tagged:

Comments