Copy Pset Property Value to another Pset

Hi All
Im still trying to figure out how i can copy a Pset property value from one Pset, into another. i'm closer than i was a few weeks ago, and have started looking at how i can do this with code.
The code below, adds a new Pset & Property and value, to all "IfcPile" classes. which is great.
what i cant figure out is how do i find all current Psets and properties for all "IfcPile"
and how can i take an existing Pset and property value and copy that value into a newly created Pset.

this is all i have so far, i have managed to add a new Pset and property value, to all IfcPiles, which for me is a massive step. i just cant find any examples on how to take existing data and copy somewhere else.

`import ifcopenshell
import ifcopenshell.api

ifc = ifcopenshell.open('C:\Users\jenso\Documents\IDS_IFC Blender BIM Test\Pile with compliant Psets only.ifc')
element = ifc.by_type("IfcPile") [0]
pset = ifcopenshell.api.run("pset.add_pset", ifc, product=element, name="Pset_NEWPropertySet")
ifcopenshell.api.run("pset.edit_pset", ifc, pset=pset, properties={"PileDiameter": (Value), })

How do i read a current Pset called "Pset Properties" for all ("IFCpiles"), and find a propert called "Diamater",
and then add all Diameter values, into the "Pset_NewPropertySet" property = "PileDiamter"
so take a property value from one Pset into another Pset`

Grateful for any advice and really grateful if anyone have give a code example.
What I'm trying to do is make good/compliant poor .Ifc file, starting with "IfcPile".

Comments

• You can use ifcopenshell.util.element.get_pset and search by name. The data is read as a python dictionary, which you can then assign to the newly created pset. Try the code below:

import ifcopenshell
    ifc = ifcopenshell.open('C:\Users\jenso\Documents\IDS_IFC Blender BIM Test\Pile with compliant Psets only.ifc')
    all_ifc_piles =  ifc.by_type("IfcPile")
    for element in all_ifc_piles:
        pset = ifcopenshell.util.element.get_pset(element, "Pset Properties")
        diameter = pset['Diameter']
        pset = ifcopenshell.api.run("pset.add_pset", ifc, product=element, name="Pset_NewPropertySet")
        ifcopenshell.api.run("pset.edit_pset", ifc, pset=pset, properties={"PileDiameter": diameter})    

theoryshawMortonPrice
  • @bruno_perdigao thank you so much, that's work perfectly and just what i needed
    Much appreciated

bruno_perdigao