IFC Project save time lapse.

Hello, I have long time lapses when I save an IFC model after modifying the geometry, and I want to know if there is a configuration in blender to improve this time, I already enable the option no undo for faster saves, but its not been very helpful.

Comments

• Is the geometry you're edit complex? many facets?
    Are you only saving the .IFC, and not the .blend file too?

• edited January 25

I don't think it's a Blender problem. Unless your file is nearing the Gb in size or you're saving it on a server or an external drive, it should be fast. The IFC serialization can take some time though with ifcopenshell, could you elaborate on the type / complexity of geometry you're using in your file ?

• @LuisGzzBueno can you please first update to the latest developer version, which likely has a lot of fixes and may already fix this issue. https://blenderbim.org/docs/devs/installation.html#unstable-installation

Otherwise can you please ensure that you can recreate the problem (e.g. first edit something, save it or save as, and make sure it reliably takes a long time) then submit a bugreport? You can send your file to dion@thinkmoult.com if it's private. These types of bugs are difficult to track down unless a user stumbles across them so if you can isolate the bug and make it reproducable it will be incredibly valuable!

• Hello,
    I attached an example of the IFC file. This one is created in Autodesk Inventor with a plugin called BimDEX, I tried to reduce the number of vertex and faces with the instant clean plugin for blender, however the time lapse is still too much.