Seeking Recommendations for Open-Source Authoring Software with GUI and IFC Support

edited February 12 in General

Hi everyone,

I've been searching for open-source authoring software that comes equipped with a
Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) support
options. So far, I have only managed to find two alternatives:

1. BlenderBIM Add-on for Blender
  2. FreeCAD-NativeIFC Add-on for FreeCAD

Do any of you know about other free and open-source authoring software that fits this
description? I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance!

Tagged:
paullee

Comments

• @kulasegaram said:
    Hi everyone,

I've been searching for open-source authoring software that comes equipped with a
    Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) support
    options. So far, I have only managed to find two alternatives:

1. BlenderBIM Add-on for Blender
    2. FreeCAD-NativeIFC Add-on for FreeCAD

Do any of you know about other free and open-source authoring software that fits this
    description? I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance!

Hi @kulasegaram I think you have got your list, BBIM & FreeCAD are the alternatives to Proprietary BIM and the only FOSS IFC authoring software. Unless anyone can correct me?

kulasegaram
  • Hi @kulasegaram I think you have got your list, BBIM & FreeCAD are the alternatives to Proprietary BIM and the only FOSS IFC authoring software. Unless anyone can correct me?

I'm pretty certain you are right @Nigel
    All other software just export/import

kulasegaram
  • These have a GUI, although not a 3D viewport:

IFCJS doesn't really have a user-facing GUI, but it does have an online hosted version which seems to contain rudimentary property editing (but I couldn't get it to work?), not sure if that's what you're after.

paulleekulasegaramAce
  • Thank you very much, that's helpful to me! I was just curious as to what was already available.