"Value error: Matrix.invert(ed): Matrix does not have an inverse"

My problem comes up when I want to flip the Normal of a space boundary. Or actually, when I click Tab twice (to go into Edit mode and back into Object mode). The mesh-data block still says Surface (instead of the usual number combination) and I get this error message: "Value error: Matrix.invert(ed): Matrix does not have an inverse".

Is that a bug or is there a simple way for me to fix this?
I am using blender 3.6 and BlenderBIM add-on v0.0.20240313 (which I downloaded in order to decorate the space boundaries in the first place - I had problems with that before). Thanks a lot!

Comments

• I realised that this problem is mostly in BlenderBIM add-on version v0.0.240313 - if I use v0.0.231104 for example I can (most of the time) edit the space boundaries. But they handle doors and windows differently. v0.0.231104 cuts doors and windows out of the wall and saves them as 2 seperate space boundaries whereas v0.0.240313 takes the whole wall and the whole door/window as 2 completely seperate (but rectangular) space boundaries. Is it possible that there is a bug somewhere?

• Is that a bug or is there a simple way for me to fix this?

It's a bug. Can you share some .ifc and steps to reproduce this?

• Okay, here is my .ifc file. I created the file with the help of the IFCArchitects Video "multistorey building in 40 mins" and generated some ifc spaces in the Ground Floor and Second Floor.
    First, I thought maybe my problem has something to do with whether I generated the Space from Walls or just by placing my 3D cursor inside the room, that's why the 2 Spaces in the Second Floor are called "Generate Space From Walls" and just "Generate Space".

When I look at the "GenerateSpaceFromWalls"-Space on the Second Floor (especially the wall with the door towards the other room with an ifc-Space) and want to add a Boundary, a space boundary is created that covers the whole wall (including the opening of the door) and the door is a seperate space boundary. I also noticed that they immediately have the attributes "Name = 2ndLevel", "Description = 2b" and "InternalOrExternal = EXTERNAL" (in other Add-on-versions I always had to choose a Name and Description myself and the default was INTERNAL). [obviously there are a couple of unnecessary boundaries now since I always added more]
    Now, when I want to edit the Profile of the space boundary and click Tab, most of the times the mesh-data block doesn't turn back from "Surface" to the usual number combination. Especially, when I turned on the Face Orientation before or once I tried to move a vertix in Edit Mode (then it says INVALID PROFILE when I click Tab to go back into Object Mode).
    I hope this was detailed enough for you to understand my problems. Thank you for your help!!

• @alb said:
    Now, when I want to edit the Profile of the space boundary and click Tab, most of the times the mesh-data block doesn't turn back from "Surface" to the usual number combination. Especially, when I turned on the Face Orientation before or once I tried to move a vertix in Edit Mode (then it says INVALID PROFILE when I click Tab to go back into Object Mode).
    I hope this was detailed enough for you to understand my problems. Thank you for your help!!

Still couldn't reproduce this - https://imgur.com/a/cBrU5RW