Problem moving an building storey or file.

Hi,
What i want to achive is to move an building storey and its elements to an elevation.
I can click on an single element->object properties->write in 193200 on Location Z, and the elements move upp like it should.

but if i select more than 1 object, nothing happens... What am i doing wrong ?

I have also tried to use ifcopenshell and move the site and also building storey, but i when i try to open the model its in the same elevation..... Please help.

filename = '/skolebygg.ifc'
ifc_file = ifcopenshell.open(filename)
site = ifc_file.by_type('IfcSite')[0]
elevation_adjustment = 193200

Adjust the site elevation

if site.RefElevation is not None:
site.RefElevation += elevation_adjustment
else:
print("Site elevation is not set. Please check your model.")

ifc_file.write('/skolebygg.ifc')

Comments

• edited April 5

When you select multiple objects you still change only the active object's location. To change location for multiple objects you can just use default Blender "Move" tool (G hotkey).

I have also tried to use ifcopenshell and move the site and also building storey, but i when i try to open the model its in the same elevation..... Please help.

I'm not sure what RefElevation is for, it seems it's used as information for georeferencing and not for placing the site in the scene when you load .ifc.

• Hi Andrej,

Thanks for reply, but that cant be the only way to "elevate an model"? this does not seem very precise way to move things in mm precision ?

• this does not seem very precise way to move things in mm precision ?

Why not? In Blender when you activate Move tool with G you can then type in precise values.

Shegs
  • edited April 5

@HoMa said:
    Hi,
    What i want to achive is to move an building storey and its elements to an elevation.
    I can click on an single element->object properties->write in 193200 on Location Z, and the elements move upp like it should.

if you select more than 1 element, enter the desired value and hold alt key when you press enter to apply it to all selected items

theoryshawMassimoAndrej730
  • if you select more than 1 element, enter the desired value and hold alt key when you press enter to apply it to all selected items

oh, true, it's also possible to copy one coordinate or all coordinates to the selected objects using context menu:

steverugi