exclude objects without a shape in IFCOpenshell

by iterating all the objects of a specific class I want to exclude those that do not have a geometry but the geom.create_shape() method slows down the code too much, which geom.settings() settings should I use to have better performance?

Comments

• edited April 16

@SimoneM said:
    by iterating all the objects of a specific class I want to exclude those that do not have a geometry but the geom.create_shape() method slows down the code too much, which geom.settings() settings should I use to have better performance?

Can you show some examples of objects without a shape you want to avoid?
    Perhaps you can skip objects based on whether they have a representaton of some context.

• Of course, there are elements exported from Civil3D, classified as BuildingElementProxy but without geometry. as you can see from the image:

• @SimoneM said:
    Of course, there are elements exported from Civil3D, classified as BuildingElementProxy but without geometry. as you can see from the image:

Do they have representation in ifc? Or maybe representation of some context is missing?

• @Andrej730 said:

@SimoneM said:
    Of course, there are elements exported from Civil3D, classified as BuildingElementProxy but without geometry. as you can see from the image:

Do they have representation in ifc? Or maybe representation of some context is missing?

hmm actually not, could I filter them using this value?

• sure, you can skip the ones that has no representation at all (element.Representation is None).

SimoneMtheoryshaw