BIM-Modell vs. picture and video

Assumed I have a BIM-Modell:

• if I have a picture. What would be needed to create the same camera position from the BIM-Modell
  • I assume: the viewpoint and the focal length
  • Is it possible with this to create a similar picture from the BIM-Modell
  • I am aware of the linies in the picture would be needed to be strechted
  • Thus I write similar and not identical.

• Furthermore if I woul do the same with a video of a drone flight and the BIM-Modell.

Are there any reads to know about such workflows ... I do not need a renderend picture or video. I am fine the way it is like in the ifc. I am only interested in camera position and camera flight in the modell the same way as drone flight video.

cheers bernd

theoryshaw

Comments

• This can be done in blender, though I have never tried myself. Search for 'matchmoving' and/or 'camera tracking'.

theoryshaw
  • edited April 17

If you have multiple images from drone flight, you could run a photogrammetry? From Meshroom you can get an .abc through the StructureFromMotion node, when imported into Blender you have all the positions converted to Blender cameras.
    With just one image, I would draw the perspective on the Freecad sketcher, but that's more manual. EPFL students do it with paintings. Not sure if it works with a photo.

emiliotassotheoryshawJohn
  • Fspy is the goto foss if you want to recreate a 3D perspective viewpoint from a photo.
    https://fspy.io/
    It used to be a Blender addon but it's now standalone, although there is a an addon to import fspy projects into Blender.
    Basically you import your image, draw perspective lines, input a length and it outputs camera data (position, rotation, focal length).

If you have a video input you can use the camera tracking workflow inside Blender although I've never used it and it seems there are better alternatives. I don't know them.

Cheers

theoryshawMassimoemiliotassoJohn
  • Hi bernd, don't believe the metadatas of the (drone)picture... for tracking the flight I suggest motion/cameratracking (possible) with blender, there are some vids on yt.