Aquaintification

Hi,
Having followed the Blender BIM project for a few months now, would it be nice if the 'Hello, world'-example could be accompanied with a quantification walkthrough of the same model? After all, displaying a list of the items to build (with) seems to be a crucial requirement when theory shall become reality.

With some experience using cad software, a life in The Cubicle™ has taught me that nice pictures are nice, but their artistic value is often not as highly appreciated as i would like them to be received. If i can't produce weights, material take-offs, and hence cost, the client will probably be unlikely to even look at the cool shaded perspective sketches i made.

I see that there is mention of different aspects of materials and layered elements in various meetups and videos, but i haven't found the houling grail that magically brings the IFC data from my Blender-Archi-BIM file straight to the spreadsheet. If i'm missing something, i'd be happy to be enlightened!

Best regards!

Darth_Blender

Comments

• Hey @zagadaa ! It is still early days so many of these features are still in the works, but there are four they you will find relevant right now. But you're right, there's a lot which still needs to happen.

• In each object properties there is a section for quantity take off, it includes features for "guessing" quantities like lengths, areas, volumes, footprint, perimeters, etc.
    • In the toolbar in the 3D view under the "BlenderBIM" tab, there are some features for manual quantity measurement (e.g. you select edges you want to measure, etc)
    • In the scene properties, there is the IFCCSV feature, which lets you export (and even import) schedules of data created from IFC
    • In the output properties, there is the ODS schedules feature, which lets you take generated spreadsheets (e.g. from IFCCSV, or any other source) and format them so that they can be placed on drawing sheets.
    Darth_Blenderzagadaa
  • At this time archipack does not provide any support for qto, it's "yet another thing" in the todo list.

Darth_Blender
  • edited September 2020

@zagadaa Please write about your specific use case at https://community.osarch.org/discussion/223/blenderbim-unofficial-user-survey-2020-09 so we can track it.