Nice blog post on open source arch tools from Dimitrie from speckle works

2»

Comments

• Thank you for the link @duncan as I started reading the report, specifically about peer support I thought about the OSArch forum and other CAD forums I have participated in. One asks a question about functionality for example and that is followed by a 'back and forth' discussion, with a good resolution (usually) and then we move on... What would be better is to conclude the discussion by summarising and filing into a How to book, especially about BlenderBIM.
    One could argue that searching the forum is good enough but that takes a lot of time and is daunting for many potential BlenderBIM users.
    Each summary, for consistency could take the same form, 1. state the problem/need 2. step by step solution 3. links to further reading or video, 4. versions of Blender, BlenderBIM, date and 5. credits. It is important to use plain language and simple concepts to be as accessible as possible to all users.
    If we ask a question and get help that resolves our question, then it is beholding on us to summarise and add this to collective knowledge, it also shows respect to those that have taken time to help.
    Is this helpful?

Gorgious
  • @Nigel great that you read the report - I haven't made the time yet.
    What you're saying makes perfect sense and does happen a bit https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=Category:BlenderBIM_Add-on
    Could the result of most discussion be incorporated into the pages in that category? It's all about a commitment to sharing/teaching being as strong as a commitment to learning. Sounds like you're on board with how important that is - so that's a damn good place to start.