If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

Sverchok: fix a weird inside corner

Anyone know offhand, how fix those ‘inside corners’? File here

Comments

• edited December 2020

It is a glitch related to the walls being orthogonal. If I move one of the points, update, move it back again, update it is ok:

• Thanks Bruno. It worked, kinda. It's weird, sometimes moving that point worked, but other times that technique didn't work. Can't find a rhyme or reason yet.

• Does it have something to do with the normal of that point or edge? Wondering if there's a node that could be applied to these vertices and edges that assure their normals are correct.

• It might be a sverchok bug, the wall turns inside out, this is probably because the normals on the faces used for thickening are flipped (haven't checked this). But there is no reason why extruding a simple chain of links like this should result in a messed up surface - have the links been drawn in order, starting at one end?

(I'm not a sverchok expert, but I spent a few hours this week with similar problems)

theoryshaw
  • Thanks @nikitron
    For those passerbys, it was the Recalc normals node.

File located here.