If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

Horizon 2021 funding submissions

This discussion was created from comments split from: Funding sources.

Comments

• Maybe worthy of note that the next Horizon programme will launch january 1st.
    A project would have to fall in one of five mission areas: Adaptation to climate change including societal transformation ; Cancer; Climate-neutral and smart cities; Healthy oceans, seas, coastal and inland waters; Soil health and food.

@Cyril Based on this improving energy modelling in an open BIM context could stand a chance to get financing. The improved annotation storage in IFC seems harder to place.

Two changes relevant to the OSArch community are listed:
    Strengthen international cooperation > extended association possibilities: Extended openness to association for non-EU countries (third countries) with good capacity in science, technology and innovation. Reinforce openness > Open Science policy: Mandatory open access to publications, open access to research data ensured. Use of European Open Science Cloud as appropriate.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/research_and_innovation/funding/documents/ec_rtd_horizon-europe-overview.pdf

Cyril
  • @Cyril which projects here might be interested in applying for funding? It would be great if we could support some kind of collaborative drive to push a workflow forward. Could you maybe summarize some of the things that have been going on around energy modelling that might be relevant? There has been work on preparing model geometry for use in building envelope energy simulations ... ?

• @duncan said:
    @Cyril which projects here might be interested in applying for funding? It would be great if we could support some kind of collaborative drive to push a workflow forward. Could you maybe summarize some of the things that have been going on around energy modelling that might be relevant? There has been work on preparing model geometry for use in building envelope energy simulations ... ?

Kind of ideas I have seen sold :

• propose something to get a more automated workflow you get more time to optimize your building (eg. better communication between BIM and BEM throught IFC / transfer update of partial model instead of full model would also be very useful)
    • propose to monitor building data to fine tune all building services settings. Bringing just the required energy in the right place
    • propose to enhance comfort with a lower air temperature by optimizing air flows, surface temperatures etc…

To summarize things that have been going around energy modeling is hard as there was a lot. I think a live discussion on this is preferable. Maybe a discussion following February meetup after my presentation ?

• edited December 2020

@Cyril I'm wondering if a presentation 'The state of energy modelling with free software' could be good. With actual examples of some of the solutions and workflows people know are being used. How would that sound? I think that could interest quite a few people.

Those ideas for funding sound very much like what I was thinking might get funding. Let's keep an eye on when submissions are possible.

• @duncan said:
    @Cyril I'm wondering if a presentation 'The state of energy modelling with free software' could be good. With actual examples of some of the solutions and workflows people know are being used. How would that sound? I think that could interest quite a few people.

Sounds good. I think the best is to gather short presentation from everyone working in this field (eg. @agonzalezesteve) like what they do during building smart and Speckle meetings.