If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

Error exporting IFC

Hello! Can anyone help me fix this error?
Im using blender 2.83.8 and the blemderBIM addon version 0.0.201207
Im trying to export the model in IFC format and get this error

thanks!

Comments

• edited February 2021

helps if you share the model... or if you can't, do a split-half search to isolate the problem--then share the boiled down model that causes the problem.

• G'day @Aldo ! Have you considered upgrading to the latest BlenderBIM Add-on version? The workflow has changed significantly!

duncan
  • @theoryshaw said:
    ... or if you can't, do a [split-half search]...

Cool, now I know that technique has a name I can impress my friends at dinner. Seriously useful and obvious process - I wonder if Apple has tried to patent it?

theoryshaw
  • Problem solved, I accidentally moved the IfcBuildingStorey empty object to a different collection.
    Thanks for your answers!!
    @Moult Ive opened the file in blender 2.92.0 with blenderBIM 0.0.210203 and all objects are calssified as IfcActuator, exporting to IFC and then importing into a new blender file seems to work.

• @Aldo yes - the new version works directly with IFCs whereas the old version worked directly with Blender, so going through IFC would fix it :)

• @duncan said:

@theoryshaw said:
    ... or if you can't, do a [split-half search]...

Cool, now I know that technique has a name I can impress my friends at dinner. Seriously useful and obvious process - I wonder if Apple has tried to patent it?

Would rather talk about "binary search" in order to impress my friends at dinner ;). Same kind of tech in use to analyse many covid samples at once.