If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

Installing the most bleeding edge code from IfcOpenshell v0.6.0 over the latest builds?

Hi @Moult

Are there some relative easy steps to install the most bleeding edge code from IfcOpenshell v0.6.0 over the latest builds listed here.

Just want to play with the latest features without having to wait for the builds.

If not easy, don't worry about it.

Peace.

Comments

• @theoryshaw the latest build usually includes (unless I find it to be unstable) the most bleeding edge code from IfcOpenShell v0.6.0. Given that I release a new version every few weeks, you're never very far behind :)

For instance, the BlenderBIM Add-on build 200413 contains the IfcOpenShell build from 200403.

If it's still not bleeding enough for you, you can go to https://github.com/IfcOpenBot/IfcOpenShell/commits/v0.6.0 and look for the latest commit which has a "comment" on it. This means there is a build. If you want to be efficient, you should also look for commits done by @aothms, since if there are two builds and between them only I did commits, then since I'm only coding in Python, there is no impact to the underlying IfcOpenShell, and so the two builds are identical. So given that in mind at the time of writing, the last meaningful build is from 200412, as @aothms did work in 200411.

Anyway, find the latest build in IfcOpenBot, and in the commit look at the table for "Blender py37". Download the 64bit version for your OS, and then replace the ifcopenshell folder the Blender Add-on which lives in BLENDER_ADDONS_DIR/blenderbim/libs/site/packages/ifcopenshell with the latest build you downloaded.

That was a wordy explanation, but the process is actually very easy. Hope it made sense.

theoryshaw