If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

BCF Workflow after clash detection

edited December 2022 in General

Hi everybody, I've some question about the next step after executing clash tests like described in https://community.osarch.org/discussion/302.
1. The result of the clash is a .bcf file but when i try to import the result blendebim asks me a .json file. Why?
2. If i flag the "Create Snapshot" command do I recieve a .bcf file with focused picture on clashes?
3. Can the .bcf file be integrated with "Bcf Project" feature?
4. How can be used this .bcf file in not blenderbim softwares to comunicate the issues?
Thanks in advice to everybody.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2022

Update:
    3. I loaded the .bcf file in the "Bcf Project" tool and I was able to select only the clashing object in one of the Ifc file imported in the same scene. Is there another way to load Ifc files to manage the issues in order to have both clashing elements selected instead of import them?
    2. Sure
    4. I tried to import .bcf file into bcfier.com/#download , the program ask me a .bcfzip file so I changed the extension and something happened but not so useful . Do you think is useful export .bcfzip too?
    5. I think one of the best tool to manage issues is bimcollab, do you think could be useful and ethical from a openbim perspective to create a plug-in for this tool?

• edited March 2022

@Bimlooser
    From what I understand, some updates need to be done for importing clash result
    But you can try to use the BCF project in BlenderBim to import the .bcf file

• edited December 2022

Have you got issues about clash detection? My tool doesn't work anymore. Thanks in advice for helping

• @Bimlooser said:
    Have you got issues about clash detection? My tool doesn't work anymore. Thanks in advice for helping

Update: The BCF library has been rewritten almost completely from scratch by Andrea Ghensi (sanzoghenzo). This new library has significantly improved performance and can be used to create much larger BCF topic collections. Unfortunately, these have not yet been implemented in end-user utilities like the BlenderBIM Add-on or IfcClash so users wishing to use those functions should use an older version as breakage will occur.

• Hi there, I'm sorry the new BCF library caused you problems!
    I didn't have the time to change the tools that use the library, and it wasn't my priority since I don't use BlenderBIM or IfcClash (yet) - I just used the BCF package in my own app.
    I'll try to have a look at BlenderBIM and see if I can fix these issues.

• No rush, i wasn't complaining. I'll wait, no problem.
    Where can i inspect the BCF package? In github?
    Thanks

• @Bimlooser said:
    No rush, i wasn't complaining. I'll wait, no problem.
    Where can i inspect the BCF package? In github?
    Thanks

Yes, it's included in the IfcOpenShell repository: https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/tree/v0.7.0/src/bcf

• @sanzoghenzo if you could update this function https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/blob/v0.7.0/src/ifcclash/ifcclash/ifcclash.py#L119 that would be really awesome and would fix IfcClash :)

Fixing the BCF UI in the BlenderBIM Add-on needs a bit more work but I can guide you through it if you're up for it.

• @Moult said:
    @sanzoghenzo if you could update this function https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/blob/v0.7.0/src/ifcclash/ifcclash/ifcclash.py#L119 that would be really awesome and would fix IfcClash :)

Hi @Moult , thanks for the pointer!
    I have to add a topic.add_viewpoint_from_point_and_guids method to the TopicHandler class (and the underlying methodes/functions in the VisualizationInfoHandler class) since as it stands the BfcXml library only has convenience methods to create the viewpoint from a single ifc element (this is because I needed this in my project for parameters/attributes validation instead of clash testing).
    I implemented (but not tested) it for the v2 library, and the Clasher.export_bcfxml method greatly simplfies to:

I saw that the Clasher class has some low quality code, do you think I should refactor it in the same PR or is it better to keep the BFC related fix separated?

• It would be nice to keep the two PRs separate, would be happy to merge the BCF one immediately :)

• edited July 2023

Have you got issues about clash detection? My tool doesn't work anymore. Thanks in advice for helping. I should have installed the last blender release.

• @Bimlooser can you please send full error traceback here from the system console? And what system you're using - any chance it's Mac M1?

• edited July 2023

I think it's the full error, i thought the last row wasn't useful. Btw i'll send later the complete error traceback 'cause now i'm not in front of the computer. It's windows os. Thank you

• Here i am. The circled highligthed text stands for "Impossible to find the specified module"

• @Bimlooser can you please check if you have "hpp-fcl.dll" by the following path "%appdata%\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\blenderbim\libs\site\packages\hppfcl"? If I delete this file from my BBIM I get the same error.

• Hi, I followed the path and i found the .ddl file.

• Hi there!!!
    I have the same issue.
    But as the error in blender says "hppfcl: Impossible to find specified module", could it be that BlenderBIM is searching hppfcl.dll instead of hpp-fcl.dll?
    If his is the problem, how can I solve it?
    Thanks in advance!!

• I have the same problem!

• @leGordeau @c4rlosdias can you please share more details - what system and blenderbim version you're using?

• Hi @Andrej730 !! I'm on Blender 3.6 and both BlenderBIM 230701 and 230822.
    Do you need more info?
    Thanks for your help.

• @leGordeau system - I mean Mac/Linux/Windows?

• Same problem on Windows 11, Blender 3.6.2,blenderbim 230826

• Sorry to bother again. I updated the release but doesn't work. @adrianobalduino , @leGordeau , @c4rlosdias do you relsoved?

• Update: I reinstalled blender and blenderbim now everything works. Thank you

• @Andrej730 I am having trouble with ifcclash with a similar error from hppfcl import
    I'm on Linux with blenderbim-240120

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1078, in _handle_fromlist
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
      File "/home/arun/.config/blender/4.0/scripts/addons/blenderbim/libs/site/packages/ifcclash/ifcclash.py", line 29, in <module>
        from . import collider
      File "/home/arun/.config/blender/4.0/scripts/addons/blenderbim/libs/site/packages/ifcclash/collider.py", line 19, in <module>
        import hppfcl
      File "/home/arun/.config/blender/4.0/scripts/addons/blenderbim/libs/site/packages/hppfcl/__init__.py", line 35, in <module>
        from .hppfcl import *
    ImportError: libboost_python310.so.1.82.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

• ArvArv
    edited January 20

Adding this as a issue in github now