[Qelectrotech] for electrical diagrams

This discussion was created from comments split from: Welcome to the OSArch Community.

Comments

• how about Qelectrotech.org ? French by nature :-)
    how could they improve to get the KiCad simulation functionality?
    BIMeta has now some basic ifc for electrical installations.
    It is going forward.

Hobbes
  • edited July 2022

@lukas said:
    how about Qelectrotech.org ?

Nice software. It requires some practice, but for simple tasks/diagrams it can replace programas like EPLAN or ELCAD (BIM like electrical boards/panels construction software). It would deserve a place in the directory.

how could they improve to get the KiCad simulation functionality?

Qelectrotech is focused in electrical/automation drawings for panel construction, so I don't think that it needs any simulation functionality IMHO (very different tasks).

• Much easier simulation of wiring sizes and potential drops over their length.. the things DDS-CAD can do, or the Siemens-tools. (Short circuit currents..)

• Could someone please add this project to the Software Directory? I'm happy to help
    https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=AEC_Free_Software_directory

• Even when logged-in, I am not allowed to do anything on the wiki :-)
    Would be listed in ? CAD ? it is more than 'schematic design', in fact it is 'Documentation'.
    It has everything to professionally document electrical installations. Symbols, Wiring even Automation. Delivers clean pdf-outputs or vector graphics. DXF exports is aimed.
    Since the integration of a Database, it gives out BOMs (Bill-of-Materials) .
    With adapted symbols (self created or from some templates) it is also usefull for Heating/Plumbing schemes.
    list of examples of Schemes :
    https://download.tuxfamily.org/qet/schemas_pdf/
    Development team is limited. The steering is in some hands only.
    LPGL-2
    Wiki available, but french (auto-translation?). The Forum is more or less activ.
    Missing is a connection to BIM (via Bimeta (ifc symbol/appliances) for instance via some graphML extension for spatial information), and some calculation abilities.
    For now it is a pure but powerfull schematic design documentation tool.

• @lukas what's your timezone? CET? I'd love to help you get started with the wiki.

• yes, germany

• @lukas said:
    Even when logged-in, I am not allowed to do anything on the wiki :-)
    Would be listed in ? CAD ? it is more than 'schematic design', in fact it is 'Documentation'.

I think It woul be fine to create a sub category in CAD for "Technical Documentation".

• need to be wiki-admin to upload the icon or other files... !
    please add those two to my new qelectrotech description in the software directory :-)
    thanks

• Done :-)

bitacovir