Blender-Sverchok-LadybugTools: Problems installing and running

MaxMax
edited January 2023 in General

I just found out about Ladybug tools for blender and since I have used this for a long time in grasshopper I am very happy to see it in Blender. Anyway, it has not been updated for a some time and I wonder if somebody can verify that it installs and runs in the latest version of Blender and Sverchok. The problems I experiance so far are:
1. Point Cloud Visualizer does not install, I get the following error: "fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: ..."
2. I get errors like the following images:

victorklixto

Comments

• Hi @Max . The problem is that the Sverchok Nodes API was updated and the Ladybug tools - Blender nodes need to update as well. It is an important project that we need to put some attention. I am very interested in this project too and I would like to collaborate on it, but I am not have the time right now, maybe in a few months.
    If you want try as it is, you should install sverchok version bellow 1.1.

• Thanks, I was afraid of this. Unfortunately I have problem installing Sverchok 1.0 in Blender 3.3.1 and later. Do you think it would be possible to run these components directly without Sverchok?

• edited January 2023

Hi @Max! As far as I know, you can't install Ladybug-Blender without Sverchok. However, you can install the Ladybug Core tools to use it with python inside Blender-Sverchok depending on what do you want to do, you could try to use a script node inside Sverchok while the nodes are not updated: pip install ladybug-core ladybug-comfort ladybug-geometry Ladybug Core, Ladybug Geometry, and Ladybug Comfort

• Added relevant software to subject line & added relevant tags.
    Clicking here gets other posts tagged with LadyBug:
    https://community.osarch.org/discussions/tagged/ladybug

victorklixto
  • Picking up on this thread. Does anyone know the last working versions when ladybug tools worked in blender? I am also trying to get some solar radiation study going, so I could really use this, even if I have to install older versions of blender, sverchok, etc.

Max
  • Still no new information regarding ladybug? After installing the Sveroc from the download page of blenderbim it seems when trying to activate Ladybug the following error code appares:
    "
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 3.6\3.6\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 333, in enable
    mod = import(module_name)
    File "C:\Users\OleMariusSvendsen\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\ladybug_tools__init__.py", line 25, in
    from sverchok.core import sv_registration_utils, make_node_list
    ImportError: cannot import name 'sv_registration_utils' from 'sverchok.core' (C:\Users\OleMariusSvendsen\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.6\scripts\addons\sverchok-master\core__init__.py)
    "

When going into the folder, the folder the sv_registration_utils is not there. Has anyone else found a work around?

Max