Problems Importing From Blender to Revit

Hello!

I tried to export an .ifc model from Revit only with doors, windows and walls, and after use Blender to add details, like furniture and more.

But, when I try to export the model in .ifc to open it in Revit again, it only recognizes the floor, and nothing else of the model. I just tried this, 'cause my team is not familiarized with Blender yet.

There is a way to import the model to bring it back to Revit?

Comments

• When you say "recognises" the floor, what do you mean? Do you mean that it doesn't show up in Revit, or do you mean it is not an editable object in Revit?

• It doesn't show up in Revit

• Did you test it with a IFC viewer? If the viewer shows all the elements, is a Revit problem.

• Could be an ifc version issue ? Like revit only import ifc2x and your export is ifc4x ?

• @monbarcelos can you please provide either your Blend file or your IFC file for debugging?

Also, check the phase settings in Revit, and see if it has decided to put it on another phase.

• First, thank you for all the replies! Only now I saw it.

@bitacovir said:
    Did you test it with a IFC viewer? If the viewer shows all the elements, is a Revit problem.

In a IFC Viewer it appears like that

@stephen_l said:
    Could be an ifc version issue ? Like revit only import ifc2x and your export is ifc4x ?

When I try change, I got this error

Both models are here
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Ywtw01DQY9eh5CuVdT-tOmiWvu2WFZhX?usp=sharing

• Also, even if its a compatibility problem with Revit. How can I change the version of IFC?

• @monbarcelos sorry for the late reply. Been busy.

The error you get when switching to IFC2X3 is due to an attempt to convert IFC4 classifications down to IFC2X3. This is not compatible. It is something I can build a fix to, but for now, it is not a high priority.

As for bringing into Revit, it seems to work for me. I tried viewing with the XBim Xplorer tool and it works fine, and in Revit I also can see your building without problems. Some guesses on why it doesn't work for you might be:

1. Are you running the latest version of the BlenderBIM Add-on?
    2. Are you running the latest version of the Revit importer? The one linked here is what I'm referring to: https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=Revit_setup - note that the wiki contains links for 2019 and 2020, but I think you might be on 2021. Can you install the latest version, and see if that helps?
    3. How are you bringing this into Revit? If you are using File->Open, then that uses old Revit code that is kinda broken (but good for other things, but let's not get distracted). Can you try using Insert->Link IFC instead? That uses the more up-to-date IFC code in Revit.
    4. Did you check your selection settings in Blender when exporting? If you have things selected, the BlenderBIM Add-on will only export the items you have selected, which may result in the behaviour you're seeing.

Here's a screenshot of me successfully bringing it into Revit.

If it is still not working, catch me online on IRC (https://blenderbim.org/community.html) during Sydney timezone waking hours and we can screenshare, and I'll attempt to debug there.