GeoBIM and CityGML ADE

edited April 2021 in General

I found GeoBIM ADE about CityGML, but I cannot read this ADE on the website(in the picture)

Does anyone know this CityGML ADE? In addition, I plan to summarize all CityGML ADEs related to the building. Besides GeoBIM, are there other CityGML ADEs related to IFC or building?

Tagged:
John

Comments

• Maybe the FM Handover MVDs could be considered an ADE?

I had to search what an ADE was, for those interested this is what I found:

The Application Domain Extension (ADE) is a built-in mechanism of CityGML to augment its data model with additional concepts required by particular use cases.

John
  • @Moult said:
    Maybe the FM Handover MVDs could be considered an ADE?

I had to search what an ADE was, for those interested this is what I found:

The Application Domain Extension (ADE) is a built-in mechanism of CityGML to augment its data model with additional concepts required by particular use cases.

For an extensive, detailed list of CityGML Application Domain Extensions (ADEs) available as of 2018. I argue that it is a special method yo extend CityGML

• Loosely, I think gbXML links to IfcSpaces - is this an ADE?

• edited April 2021

@Moult said:
    Loosely, I think gbXML links to IfcSpaces - is this an ADE?

In terms of meaning, gbXML is very consistent, but researchers studying GIS usually think that ADE is the "proper term" of CityGML extension. So I want to find all CityGML ADEs related to building

ADE is a mechanism for enriching the data model with new feature classes and attributes, while preserving the semantic structure of CityGML, and it is an important component of the standard since its early versions. Its main purpose is supporting additional requirements by certain use cases, which is accomplished by specifying extensions to the data model.

• Update
    Now I find this ADE! I would like to share it if someone needs it!
    @Moult Thank you for your help!