Workflow experiment From Rhino to IFC using Blender
I received a Rhino 3dm file from an architect I am working with (Confidential sorry, I will not be able to share screenshots). Here is the workflow I have experimented from 3dm file to IFC :
- Import using import_3dm addon.
- Issue : In first import geometry was pretty good. On second export (several months after with the updated model) I got many displaced elements (some furnitures, windows etc…) .
- Issue : some material seems correctly imported but not sure that all are. Too many things are blank.
Quick Project Setupto create basic IFC structure
- Classify IFC object by selecting them
Assign IFC Class.
- Tedious workflow I don’t know if there is data in 3dm which might help classifying item.
- Select Project objects and export to ifc
- Issue : it looks like material name is mandatory. See traceback.
Traceback (most recent call last): File "Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\operator.py", line 69, in execute ifc_exporter.export(context.selected_objects) File "Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\export_ifc.py", line 1134, in export self.ifc_parser.parse(selected_objects) File "Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\export_ifc.py", line 163, in parse self.get_products() File "Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\export_ifc.py", line 222, in get_products self.add_product(self.get_product(product)) File "Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\export_ifc.py", line 490, in get_product self.rel_associates_material.setdefault(slot.material.name, ).append(product) AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name' location: <unknown location>:-1
Have you already experiment a workflow from Rhino to IFC using Blender ? (or FreeCAD ?)
Speckle should also be a valid path as there is a module in both Rhino and Blender but I don’t have Rhino myself.