September roundup - Draft text

Here's a draft post I've made with some reminders and some topics that never made it to being a whole article on the website. This will be posted onto the website and automatically sent out as the newsletter. (are you subscribed?)

Please help us add the last few recent topics I've either forgotten or never saw. Check the attached draft.

This is another great way to support OSArchs mission without doing much work :-)

Tagged:
Ace

Comments

• the post is schedules for tomorrow. if people like this idea I'll need short texts of about 100 words about each topic I've missed or happening in october.

• Might want to update that blurb with relative links, etc.

• I'm not too keen on this post. The opencollective project funding, procedural pavilion and technical drawing workshop were already full posts, this seems like just repeating what has already been published. We've missed the boat on reporting IFCJS' latest course. Is the AI-generated buildings website open source? I couldn't tell.

I would prefer not to publish this, and instead take the remaining paragraph about the Autodesk Letter v4 and turn that into a new post by itself.

If I look at the OSArch homepage there are 4 posts out of 10 posts talking about OSArch itself (call for projects, funding, new banner image [the article itself talks about other things, but the headline and blurb doesn't hint at that], and wiki). I don't think this is a very good ratio, it's too frequent and makes it seem like a slow news day. There are other things perhaps we could write about instead (IFCJS new cloud platform announcement? FreeCAD's new sponsored bezier development? Yassine's new 1 hr BIM app course? New app CadZinho? IDS release?)

I've also disabled the schedule because it's too soon - new articles should be 1 week apart to give it time to propagate through social media, and also because we lack the writers for more constant news.