Svg View browser using Streamlit

edited November 2022 in General

As asked for, this is a dedicated thread for discussing a browser based, "Design Review" kind of app. It should display svgs created with IfcConvert and access data from the underlying IFC file. CSS styling, underlays, linking between sheets, view / sheet metadata should be supported in the long run. I'm looking forward to hearing your ideas and comments!

theoryshawvpajicmikeobAce

Comments

• A great idea. I would love to be able to implement simple 2D drawings from IFC in streamlit. Did you get anywhere beyond the initial concept?

• @tobenz @PeterPetersen yeah, I hadn't noticed this project earlier, but this sounds very interesting. Especially since there seems to be some enthusiasm for SVG/CSS defined documentation drawings. Any progress here?

• I am still in the ideate phase. But it is great that already some are interested in this. Please feel free to post your suggestions/ideas!

• There is some tremendous work done on this with Blender BIM. I am not sure if you have seen this already:
    It is all based on ifcopenshell and CSS, so maybe similar / same procedure could be applied outside of Blender?