"Update Representation" after an applied Boolean modifier?

Hi,
I am trying to "cut" objects using a boolean modifier, apply that modifier, and update the resulting mesh by clicking the "Update Representation" button on the object in Blender. I get the following error. Does anyone have any idea what I should do? If I alter the object by eg. deleting vertices instead, the update doesnt throw this error..

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\sbe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\module\geometry\operator.py", line 138, in execute
return IfcStore.execute_ifc_operator(self, context)
File "C:\Users\sbe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\ifc.py", line 369, in execute_ifc_operator
result = getattr(operator, "_execute")(context)
File "C:\Users\sbe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\module\geometry\operator.py", line 153, in _execute
self.update_obj_mesh_representation(context, obj)
File "C:\Users\sbe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\blenderbim\bim\module\geometry\operator.py", line 211, in update_obj_mesh_representation
ifcopenshell.api.run(
File "C:\Users\sbe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\blenderbim\libs\site\packages\ifcopenshell\api__init__.py", line 66, in run
result = usecase_class(ifc_file, **settings).execute()
File "C:\Users\sbe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\blenderbim\libs\site\packages\ifcopenshell\api\style\assign_representation_styles.py", line 41, in execute
style = self.settings["styles"].pop(0)
IndexError: pop from empty list

Comments

• Hello ! This might be better suited for an issue on the github tracker : https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/issues I think if you want to use boolean operations, you must not use the regular boolean modifier, you have to create an IfcBoolean and add it as a Boolean operation to your object, otherwise it won't be register as a boolean operation. Or you can (I think ?) use a tesselation representation, but this will be desctructive. Before you clicked on "Update Representation", what was the representation of your object ?

theoryshawAce