Property Set Templates

Hello,
I'm having trouble understanding the inheritance of Property Sets in Types. I created a Type, then I created two Property Sets each with different Template Types. like below:

My objective was that the instanced objects inherit both Property Sets. Also that for the property Set "Modellierung" (The one created using the IfcObject Template) the value of the properties in each instance may be different. Accordingly I was expecting that for the "Projekt" set (the one created using the IfcTypeObject) all the instances have the same value.
Nevertheless, when I change the some value in in the "Modellierung" set for one instance, all other instances also change accordingly.

May be I'm missing some understanding in how the Type Inheritance Works on IFC?

Tagged:

Comments

• edited March 2023

Hi @theoryshaw,
    you're right. It works very nicely. In my example above I changed the set "_6238B_Project" according to your sugestion. I wanted to edit the Property "Strecken-km [von]" in every single object. The UI could help such editing to be extremely fast if instead of having to add the parameter Set again manually through the "Bulk Add/Edit Custom Properties" you could just edit it directly.
    @Moult, eventually, if you find the suggestion below helpful, you could implement it sometime.

On the other Hand, the actual functionality could also be understood as a feature. Overrides for specific Attributes and Instances are clear. Anyway, for me, would at least make sense to separe the inheritances.

CoenDavidE