Blender Conference 2023 - Call for Participation

PSA: there is a call for presentations for the Blender Conference 2023, in Amsterdam, October 26-28: https://conference.blender.org/2023/

I'd love to present in the future, but I personally won't be able to do this year.

carlopavAndrej730

Comments

• Well... I live just a 20 min. train ride from Amsterdam. What would you like to present? The BlenderBIM add-on? I think it will be in the Special Interest Group?

carlopavtheoryshawBedsonbasweinNigelSigmaDimensionsDarth_BlenderbitacovirArchitektAceand 1 other.
  • edited June 2023

@Coen said:
    Well... I live just a 20 min. train ride from Amsterdam. What would you like to present? The BlenderBIM add-on? I think it will be in the Special Interest Group?

Probably, BlenderBIM is the most complex and ambitious addon project in the Blender's ecosystem, currently. That is enough to gather interest in the Blender Community.

theoryshaw
  • edited July 2023

Aaah I forgot about this thread and it sunk down in my inbox! Thanks to @aothms who reminded me this exists.

I'm split in a few minds of this: part of me would love to drop everything and fly to Amsterdam, part of me wants to wait until next year's conference when things are significantly more polished and we can give more real world examples / or cross discipline things like MEP, structural analysis, and part of me wants @Coen to DOOO ITTT.

I think @aothms is also geographically convenient.

If nobody ends up doing it, sooner or later I'd love to do it! I visited the Blender Foundation when I was a wee kiddo and would love to be back one day.

theoryshawAce
  • I think it'd be good to in one way or another be present and once again have the CAD modelling + semantics/data use cases a bit clearer on everybody's mind over there.

I think from the project point of view, waiting one more year is completely unnecessary. Showing a polished version (if it's not polished now, it's at least pretty damn powerful) of the addon I think also isn't the intention. It's about connecting communities, cross pollination and discussing shared ideals in the ecosystem.

I will not be the one doing a bbim presentation just because I'm close, but something like a CAD+BIM SIG would definitely be something I would buy a ticket for :)

thunderbolt_132Andrej730
  • @aothms what if you proposed to host / run a CAD + BIM SIG? :)

It's about connecting communities, cross pollination and discussing shared ideals in the ecosystem.

This is too true. I tend to get caught up in daily bugs and tend to forget this. Thanks for reminding me!

• Also some presenters tend to come back every few years to present updates and evolutions in their projects, so presenting an unfinished product now wouldn't lock Bbim from participating again later.
    There are more intimate, "hands-on" workshops during the event, for sharing WIP stuff and more developper-oriented projects, too.