Mep modeler

Hi

Can you put focus to make good mep modeler for pipes, duct , flexible pipes , hangers, flexible duct, with autoroute , auto size detection on Mep models like

https://www.mepcontent.com/en/apps/detail/11/

Best regards

Ivo

Comments

• How do we snap pipes/fittings together in Blender? Is it possible to use a vertex with a 'special' attribute as a filter and some clever Geometry Nodes to pull parts together/snap them into place?

• edited June 2023

It is possible.

and there are other ones. Now how to roundtrip that to and from ifc is another topic :)

Bedson
  • Just wondering if there has been any progress towards having pipe tees added to BlenderBIM?

• Currently AFAIK there is basic support for Bends, Transitions (from bigger diameter to smaller diameter or from material to material) and obstruction for end of pipes, I don't think tees or other manifold junctions are supported. It works okay but the workflow is kind of slow and it's very rigid atm. For now I prefer Mitring with SHIFT + Y as it is more reliable and straightfoward even if not physically (or semantically I guess) correct.

AceBedsonArvAndrej730
  • I like the Mitre (SHIFT + Y) technique for speed, thank you.
    Have you managed to work with BBs MEP ports (creating, positioning etc on equipment - for example a pump)?