Data Visualization By Property Sets in Blender BIM?

Hi,
not knowing for whicht buzzwords to search I start a new discussion.
Is it possible to color objects dynamically by scanning their ifc-pset-data in blender bim?
As ist is possible to use BlenderBim as an IFC-authoring Software that would be quite neccessary in order to keep an overview on which objects already have been edited and which objects not have been edited. Visual auditing of course is another need in that case.
Thank you and best regards, Matteo

Comments

• @donmatteo yes, in the IFC Search panel type in a property set / property name then press the paintbrush icon and it will auto colour code by value.

• great, that works, not as smooth as in Solibri or BimCollab but it works :-)

• @donmatteo what can we improve to make it smoother?

• We're working in Vectorworks and Solibri and in both of them we have tools to create sets for graphical override, which dinamically do change the color of objects by their attributes, Data.
    In the picture "Bauteilbenennungen" for example I got all building parts colored by their object type (wall, slab, covering, window, door,...)
    In the second picture I got them colored by their specification after their DIN Norm classification...
    In both, Vectorworks and Solibri (Archicad for example has a similar system) i can switch between these sets for graphical override quite easily.
    Sth like that would be great in Blenderbim as well, at least the possiblity of creating more than one set for an ifc search which I can refresh with a shortcut for example (as I am afraid, that enabling refreshing that color override dynamically could be a little more challenging)

![](https://community.osarch.org/uploads

bruno_perdigaocarlopavCGR
  • edited July 2023

You can add them to quick favorites and then it should be pretty easy to switch between them (RMC on coloring button and "Add to Quick Favorites").

Cyril
  • great, and how do i access these Favorites?

• edited July 2023

it's Q hotkey by default

• The quick favourites helps, but you're right, what you're actually after is something like smart selection sets / groups with filtered definitions. This has been on the todo list for a while! I'll be sure to take note and bump it up the priority list.

donmatteo
  • edited July 2023

cool, "Q" works (sounds a bit mysterious in my ears somehow, but never mind)
    however now I want more than one quick favourite, both basing on the same custom pset, however with two different attributes (Material and craftsmanship (in order to define which kind of craftman will work on the building part)
    However I can only create one quick favourite of that type :-(

• edited July 2023

Made some changes in this commit, now you can save different setups of selections to quick favorites.

Bedson
  • I will try again today. However it seemed more to me like I only could add one visualisation setup as favourite. When I tried to add a second favourite I always have been asked, whether I want to remove that favourite.
    Btw pressing Q for selecting favourites only led to a menu which showed up one single favourite named “PSET”.
    I guess BlenderBIM actually only does manage one single favourite for each “search type”.

• tried it another time: if I want to visualize by PSet attributes, I can only set one visualization set as favourite. Works as designed, I guess :-)