5D-BlenderBim: A tool for Quantity Surveyors or Cost Engineers
@Moult thanks for the great walk-through. I have updated some of the suggestions discussed.
Suggestions for improvement
1. add perimeter calculation function in "Add Qto"
2. add calculator to get length of all selected edges
3. make quantity guess in correct unit (i.e., from import unit of .ifc file)
4. slabs don't have a guess feature for the slab depth
5. allow csv export of IfcType objects
6. add count function for Qto items in "Add Qto". Counting all instances of the same IfcType in one click would be great
7. colour coding function (one click) for measured items. Although, can be done at the moment, but takes several clicks and navigation to get it done. A one click function would be good.
8. group measured items (nested is better)
9. export Qto to csv. this could be from the IfcPropertySets and could be in accordance with NRM (linking with NRM library can be an advanced feature)
10. export dimensions to csv.
11. cumulative/group measurement of similar items
1. Cost library template. Must be easy to update.
2. New Rules of Measurement (NRM) library or other standard measurement libraries
3. A QS-BIM or 5D-BIM environment within Blender-BIM Add-on.
A taking-off environment [viewport shading, object properties]
A window display to show measured items in a BOQ format [heading: item | description | qty | unit rate | Amount]